Way back in August, I posted about a giveaway when I reached 500 comments. I had just topped 400, and was looking forward to that next milestone. This morning we were at 498, and I held my breath, waiting for just two more. When I got home for work, there they were! You may remember that the 500th post would result in TWO giveaways, one for the 500th commenter and a second to be determined by drawing.
The 500th comment belonged to Diane Harris who said:
“I love this quilt! The pattern is interesting and the colors are superb! I give it an A+. As a matter of fact, I’m printing it off right now to take on a quilt retreat with me this weekend.”
She would have won even if there wasn’t gratuitous praise involved, but it’s still nice to hear! Her prize will be an as yet unmade mini quilt that I will send before Halloween.
As for the drawing, the comments have been strongly in favor of fabric, which is great because I have a LOT:
I’ll give away 6 half yards to the drawing winner – specific fabrics to be determined in a discussion with the winner. I have quite a variety, as you can see in my Flickr photostream.
Here are some examples (photos taken from the 100th post giveaway). These are not the ONLY choices, just some of the possibilities:
To enter, please leave a comment on THIS post. There are a few rules:
1. The drawing is open to everyone – international visitors are welcome!
2. Since this celebrates the 500th comment, tell me something that you would like to have 500 of – anything except cash, because that’s an obvious choice! It can be anything, serious or fantastic. Don’t forget this – without it, the comment doesn’t count!
3. Earn an extra entry by posting about this giveaway on your blog (please provide a link). Come back and add another comment that provides a link to your post.
4. Be sure to include a way to contact you in the comment – either a link to your blog or your email address.
5. Drawing ends at 10:00 p.m. Central Time on October 15.
Ready, set…. GO!