Yes, The Electric Quilt Company will begin shipping EQ7 on June 7! You’ve probably noticed that I love EQ6, but some of the features of EQ7 make me want jump right on it. Here are some of the highlights:
– It’s extremely photo friendly.
Digital cameras will become a quilter’s best friend. EQ7 has dozens of ways to turn everyday photos into quilt art images. Or crop and edit scanned fabrics right in EQ7 in minutes.
– Activations are a snap! I’ve been fortunate with my EQ6 that I’ve never had to transfer between computers, but with EQ7 I wouldn’t even have to worry about it.
You’ll never run out of EQ7 activations! Activation and deactivation is as easy as two clicks of the mouse. Install on as many computers as you like and quickly transfer activations from computer to computer. This new policy gives you complete freedom to manage your own activations — and no dongle to worry about!
– It’s even easier to use than EQ6, although I don’t know how they’ll manage it – I think EQ6 is super user friendly… which is great because they use the same interface for EQ7.
Exactly the same friendly interface, plus loads of new user-requested features.
* 5000 copyright-free blocks
* 5000 new scanned fabrics, plus grayscale textures
* 120 new pre-designed quilt layouts
* Snap blocks to a Quilt grid
* Instant border blocks with greatly expanded Auto Borders
* Print multiple photos on fabric
* Create original fabric designs from photos, then print on fabric
* Mirror and use myriad symmetries on photos
* Use dozens of artistic effects, making everyday photos look like watercolors or Impressionist paintings
* 79 new features in all
– I don’t HAVE a netbook (there is some lust in my heart for one, though), but if I ever get one I can use EQ7 on it, too!
And here’s the kicker – they’re giving it away free to a few lucky bloggers and their readers! Seriously! On May 3 Electric Quilt will randomly choose 10 lucky bloggers to win a copy of EQ7. Winners then get to host a giveaway and Electric Quilt will ship the winner their own copy. Now THAT’s a contest I’d like to win!
Okay, maybe I overused the exclamation point a bit during this post, but I’m really feeling the excitement here.
(Besides, it’s my birthday today and I can exclaim if I want to!)